| NEPAL GENERAL INFORMATION
|Welcome to Nepal !
Nepal is one of the richest countries in the world in terms of bio-diversity due to its unique geographical position and altitude variation. The elevation of the country ranges from 60 meters above sea level to the highest point on earth, Mt. Everest at 8,848 meters, all within a distance of 150 kilometers resulting in climatic conditions from sub-tropical to arctic. This wild variation fosters an incredible variety of ecosystems, the greatest mountain range on earth, thick tropical jungles teeming with a wealth of wildlife, thundering rivers, forested hills and frozen valleys. Within this spectacular geography is also one of the richest cultural landscapes anywhere. The country is a potpourri of ethnic groups and sub-groups who speak over 70 languages and dialects. Nepal offers an astonishing diversity of sightseeing attractions and adventure oppurtunities found nowhere else on earth. And you can join in the numerous annual festivals that are celevrated throughout the year in traditional style highlighting enduring customs and beliefs.
The most exhilarating titles with which Nepal has been admired and praised by various renowned travel writers in recognition of her cultural richness,
• Living cultural Museum
• Roof of the World
• Birth place of the Apostle of Peace
• Country of Living Goddess
• City of Golden Pagodas and Parasols
• Himalayan Pilgrimage
• Nature amphitheatre
• Melting pot of Hinduism and Buddhism
• A tiny Kingdom of 36 ethnic groups and 75 spoken languages
• Birth place of Sita
• Abode of Shiva
• Land of Mysticism & Exoticism
• Land of non-stop festivals are explicit and self-explanatory. They tell the world about our incomparable & prosperous cultural heritage.
Nepal - occupying only 0.1% of the earth - is home to:
• 2% of all the flowering plants in the world
• 8% of the world's population of birds (more than 848 species)
• 4% of mammals on earth|
• 11 of the world's 15 families of butterflies (more than 500 species)
• 600 indigenous plant families
• 319 species of exotic orchids
• Nepal Fact-Sheet
• Area : 147,181 sq. km
• Geography: Situated between China in the north and India in the South
• Location: Latitude: 26°12' to 30°27' North Longitude:80°4' to 88°12' East
• Capital: Kathmandu
• Population: 23 million
• People: more than 60 ethnic groups and 70 spoken languages
• Climate: sub-tropical in low lands to arctics in higher altitudes
• Language: Nepali
• Currency: Nepalese Rupee
• Political System: Multiparty democracy with constituitional monarchy.
• National Bird: Impean Pheasant (Danfe).
• National Flower: Rhododendron Arboreum (Lali Gurans).
Nepal is a Kingdom of high mountains, artistic monuments, exotic wildlife and diverse cultures. Roughly rectangular in shape, the Kingdom of Nepal is situated between China and India. For its size, Nepal surprisingly contains the greatest altitudnal variation on this planet. The land rises from the Terai, southern plains at almost sea level, and within a short distance to the north, culminates at Sagarmatha, the highest point on earth. Eight of the fourteen summits in the world over 8,000 meters lie in Nepal. We look forward to helping you enjoy this destination with one of the great adventures described briefly below. Nepal offers diverse adventure options ranging from cultural tours to wildlife, treks and expeditions and many more adventure options.